View Single Post
Old 2012-07-17, 11:57   Link #100
Alucard24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
The system is self sufficient, he doesn't need to monitor it.
He doesn't need but he wants to ! That what he said : he did that to be able to watch theses players struggle to survive. And that's what it gonna be very interesting : when you have to live in a new place 24h a day, you HAVE to organize yourself. That will be just like a little Populous lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
2. if i was mastermind i would make sure any attempt to remove or disable the Nerv gear would trigger the microwave blast.
He can't add a gyroscope like that because it would trigger when they move the players in the hospital. That mean the only two things who can trigger it are a web signal or the loss of the electricity .... but without electricity, no harm can be done.

So why not build a dummy server and reroute the IP to that server ? Even if you can't remove the battery like you said, they would be fine and this would allow help to be send there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
3. it is easy to talk about fictional people but in real life i tell in a real to push a button and there is 50% chance someone will die but 100% chance they will live if you don't push the button. Would you push the button?
You're not quite right. If you don't push the button, it's not 100% they live since they can be killed any moment. Apart for the monsters, imagine there a sudden power cut : no more electricity. The battery of the NervGear would kill them. Same thing if the connection to the network is lost for any reason !
Alucard24 is offline   Reply With Quote