Thread: Licensed Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? [WN]
View Single Post
Old 2017-03-12, 23:32   Link #7522
K2Grey

Well, my predictions that the elf village battle would go straight into the end game were wrong; actually, they were mostly all wrong. I like the Gloria setup that Potimas had. It would have been too straightforward if Potimas just came out in a giant robot and they had a Mecha-Godzilla vs Kumonga battle. Instead, he had a variety of robots using abilities which have either been seen already or which are believable given what we previously saw, and the big deal came from the sheer amount of energy in them, which makes sense given that he's been siphoning MA energy for millennia.

Sue getting Greed was kind of obvious in hindsight, but I don't think anyone was expecting it since it seemed like it wasn't an available option (even though we've known that Yuugo died for ages). Well played, Baba Okina.

It seems like dumping the robots' energy into the System could potentially be sufficient to save the world, but it obviously isn't since Shiro isn't changing her plan. There's also this quote:
Quote:
Basically, we’re in checkmate. The Demon King probably doesn’t know about this. She thinks that this world will be saved, so long as humans and demons are forced into a huge war, and if the scant amount of MA Energy is replenished. But, it’s not that simple. Already, even if the MA Energy is replenished it won’t be enough. Because the source of the Energy supply is about to start decreasing. Also, if my prediction is correct, then it won’t begin gradually, but all at once. At the time when I realized this it had already become way too late.
It's possible this paragraph actually refers to Sariel, but she's been decreasing for quite a while and gradually too. I'm wondering if there is stuff in Taboo that would be new to the readers, and if so, whether we will get a Shun chapter soon. It certainly feels like we're going to be getting a bunch of alternative PoV chapters now.
K2Grey is offline   Reply With Quote