View Single Post
Old 2007-12-02, 22:09   Link #54
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Wow this was surprisingly a good ep considering I don't really like Margery Daw that much. I don't watch Shana mainly for the action but I can understand why some would. The fight scenes were amazing this ep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX HBK View Post
Perhaps I was a bit unfair.

It's just that Margery seems to be the type to kill those who get caught in the crossfire of her vengeance. She's going after the Silver and won't hesitate to sacrifice or kill anyone that is unfortunate enough to wander onto her path. Usually, people like that don't shed tears on how many lives they've taken in the pursuit of revenge and they don't feel guilty about it either.
I think it's in character for Margery Daw to show some emotions, you're taking things on face value too much to consider that Margery didn't feel anything after he killed Yuri. I'm almost certain that she regretted her actions, it's just that finding and killing Silver has become so much of an obsession, that she'll do anything to kill him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX HBK View Post
(Margery killed Yuri to survive for another day and, once she falls alseep after telling the story, she's shedding tears?)
Well considering that Margery Daw probably told the story in order to protect Satou, in order to stop him from being a Flame Haze. I mean why else did you think she decided to tell that story? She's warning him that if he becomes a Flame Haze and works with her, she won't hesitate to kill him in order to survive and obviously she doesn't want to choose between that.

Seriously don't take actions on face value, Shakugan no Shana is a good anime because every character has a level of depth.

It's interesting also that we learned more about Margery's history with Silver. From season 1 I always thought that Silver killed people special to her, but it appears that Silver killed the people Margery wanted to kill? So now she wants to kill him who killed the people she wanted to kill so that it'll feel like she killed the people she wanted to kill? (very confusing..)