View Single Post
Old 2006-07-08, 14:30   Link #35
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanxthre
One thing I love about One Piece is that people with devil fruit abilities don't necessarily use their abilities as one would think they would...Alot of deepness in-terms of techniques used...
Well, that is very true... Luffy's proved that on more then one occassion
Spoiler for manga:

Quote:
Why wouldn't he??(and what's so wrong with him having an additional power worthy of a world threat) That just makes him even cooler...I don't want to see him fight Luffy with a sword while Luffy has none...I want him to have a special power...Considering his past flashbacks shows that looking for devils fruit is something that is important to him I think it's more than likely to believe he may have one inside of him...Furthermore I don't even know for sure if Gol D didn't have some power...Oda has yet to be totally clear about alot of things...with another 200 plus ep of One Piece on the horizon he may not have made his mind up on any of this yet...
First off additional power worthy of a world threat? The man has the second best sword skills, already placing him amognst the best fighters in the world... and furtharmore he's got what is probably the second most powerful pirate crew on the grandline, includeing members with 94 million bounties... i think he has well more then enough to prove how much of a potential threat he is

second, the flashback doesn't really tell us that devil fruits are important to Shanks... he only has been shown to have found one and we don't know how he came to get it... it could be that he was purposely hunting for it, but more then likely he probably just came over it by chance while hunting for treasure... And we are not sure what he was planning on doing with it, though if he really wanted to it he probably would have done so sooner... my guess is that he was either saving in for his crew if they wanted it, or he was planning on selling for a hefty price... though the reason he reacted the way he did when Luffy ate the fruit wasn't because he was worried about the fruit, he was worried about what it would do to Luffy...

Spoiler for manga:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol
How do you know that Shanks is not looking for One Piece? That right their could make Luffy and Shanks fight each other as enemies for the title of the greatest pirate. What do you actually think Shanks is just sailing the Grandlines for the hell of it? I don't think so.

Exactly, but to say that he has no dreams or goals is nonsense! Most likely he is after One Piece or hell he could be trying to take over the world! Shanks is said to be a powerhouse and he is obviously persuing something I believe it is One Piece.
"Shanks is not the type of man to go out and change the world" as it has been said... Taking over the world or becoming the new pirate king would be a contradition to that... i don't think shanks has even said the word One Piece; not to mention he spends an often lot of time hanging around on islands, for someone who's in the greatest race of the age (heck other then the first chapter, we have never even seen his ship)... Shanks seems more like the type who already has what he was after, simple freedom... because he and his crew are so powerful and don't cause nearly as much havoc as they are capable of they never really have to worry about loosing their freedom... their crew is sorta like their own slice of paradise... a life like a never ending party

If Shanks does still have some unfullfilled dreams, then i doubt it's one piece, cause as i've said, he has never for a moment shown any consideration of going after it and becoming the pirate king... If shanks is involved in anything though, i would say it is "the will of D"... hence his concern to Whitebeard over Ace and blackbeard (two D's on the verge of clashing)... grant it, that could definatly bring him too Luffy eventually, but don''t see how it would force them into conflict
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote