Thread: Miracle Girls
View Single Post
Old 2004-01-23, 20:21   Link #13
lomeando

Damn you... I've been serving digitized VHS rips of the complete Miracle Girls for around two years now. Just last month I finally decided to burn it off... and now you start releasing this.

Joking aside... I'd argue that tracking down old groups is at least much more straightforward than finding motivated translators. Since everything was handled by snail-mail back then, you can often find their real names, or since the community was much smaller, people who actually know them.

I'd also say that there were plenty of groups back then who did a much better job editing than plenty of groups today. Also the other way around, and I think we know which side of the median Artic usually fell on. And even so, in my experience it's much easier to get someone to answer some questions about an episode than it is to get them to translate the entire thing.

That said, you know your circumstances better than anyone else here. If you do have a motivated translator, by all means keep them happy. It's always nice to see someone subbing a series most of today's fans have probably never heard of before.