View Single Post
Old 2009-12-23, 18:14   Link #108
Mighty_Snorlax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytrus View Post
It has its own upsides like eye-candy and voices, of course, but imo it fails at creating truly memorable scenes (something the Higurashi anime managed well enough, not to mention the Umineko VN).

They're the same fucking scenes... If they aren't memorable that's not DEEN's fault.

I don't understand what people's issue with the show is... It's a perfectly fine adaption, not perfect but no adaption is. A lot of you act as if another company could do better but really it'd be the same. You'd all be bitching about something as if it was the end of the world. I saw complaints that the anime would suck far before it actually aired. Complaints that the voices were unfitting, that the designs were horrible and did not do the game justice, and more. Most of you would never have been happy with this adaption, not because of DEEN, but because you're typical fans. But you know what? You really made out just fine. You act as if this anime was as godawful as the Transformers movies, an adaption that barely even concentrated on the characters and stories, or as rushed of an adaption as Chaos;Head anime. Sorry to tell you but DEEN did a good job with this show.

The Japanese seemed to like it. I've read posts like "they're just to shy to admit they hate it.", but these are people who have sent death threats to creators and directors for making choices they disagree with. They recently attacked a Mangaka's blog for such a thing actually. Poor sales aren't because of hate, it's because they just download shows or watch some other way due to high prices with low episode counts. The Umineko DVDs are about 50-60 dollars for two episodes...

Below is a picture of Amazon Japan's reviews for the series as proof that it's being recieved pretty well. Most comments on 2chan are pretty positive too.

Spoiler for picture:

Yes the second one was Google translated, but Google translate doesn't butcher meanings so much that the post could mean anything else. There are plenty of other post just like it as well.

Most of you need to sit back and watch the show without comparing it to the visual novel and maybe you'll realize that DEEN did a pretty good job. Things like "There is no Umineko anime" are just stupid when you made out with a pretty good show in the end. You're ruining it for the poor anime only people that want to enjoy this series but can't because everytime they do someone has to constantly tell them that the show is bad and that they should just read the VN and ditch it.

And yes I have read the visual novel.