View Single Post
Old 2011-05-08, 17:04   Link #76
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Quote:
I think she saw the future somehow.
I think that was her wish in the first place. Probably her magic will be also based on it. Also, speculating forward, her wish mechanics transcend time like Homura's... what are the chances she'll keep the memories in the final timeline?

Quote:
I think it is safe to assume this occurred before any time loop happened so it is a common past to all timelines (pre-madoka's wish of course).
At least what we saw must definitely fit this. Of of course, not a distant past, since Oriko survives till the events before WN (although if she can see the future, surviving becomes a tad bit easier ).

Quote:
...But I find it quite simple if her wish was to be able to see the future. Besides the fact that it is almost impossible with all the random events that are impossible to predict with 100 per cent accuracy. After all, few things follow deterministic rules.
Maybe she sees these very probabilities. Besides, Homura's bitter experience (and Sayaka's bitter fate) show that some events maintain a high level of probability...

To throw in a random speculah, who thinks that Oriko will not be WN in the end, but either the green-haired girl or the MG hunter will?

Still, something bugs me about WN. Namely, Kyouko's words in episode 8. All the subs seem to agree that she says "Walpurgis Night has never come to this town before". That's a crucial point, actually - to suggest that WN has appeared more than once. Of course, since WN seems more like an event than a witch, one might think it's only the name for the appearance of super strong witches. Nonetheless, Kyouko is aware of previous appearances... Done her homework, or encountered one already?
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote