View Single Post
Old 2011-08-01, 23:09   Link #6721
Dragon-Emperor
Hand of Ragnaros

I did not find anything here when I searched for Android, so here it goes:

I have recently installed onscripter onto my HTC Desire Android phone.

1) http://onscripter.sourceforge.jp/android/android.html
>> Installed "http://onscripter.sourceforge.jp/android/ONScripter-20110619-debug.apk" with "app Installer" from the market place.
>> This installs this Android Onscripter.

2) I then make a folder in the root directory of my SD card "SDCard:/ons/"
>> this is where games must go in their own folder.

3) So I copy the Umineko7 directory that I installed to my computer from the disc into the /ons/ directory. So now I have "SDCard:/ons/Umineko7"
>> inside this I have the translation patch folder we'll call "/patch".

Everything should be setup properly by this point. For an onscripter game that does not use an English patch.

This is where things stopped working for me --> Who wants to use English patch. So I tried some things

1) I open onscripter application. I see "umineko7". I click it. It says it requires the default.ttf file.
>> I see a default.ttf file in the translation folder. I move it to the Umineko7 directory.
>> I try opening "Umineko7" again with the onscripter app. IT WORKS!
>> But unfortunately only in Japanese. I cannot read this.

2) This onscripter program has like no options. I Need to open the english patch folder first.
>> I make a shortcut to the patch folder and put it in the /ons/ directory. Onscripter does not see it. Failure.

3) I move the contents of Umineko7 into the /ons/ directory.
>> I open Onscripter and I can see the patch folder. I select it. Umineko starts and tells me that the patch has been installed incorrectly and closes. FAILURE.

Any ideas on how to make the english patch work on an android phone for Umineko?
Or am I to be stoned for asking?

Thanks in advance, regardless of the verdict.
Dragon-Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote