View Single Post
Old 2012-03-30, 03:27   Link #218
monir
cho~ kakkoii

You guys obviously haven't seen Negima!? Summer Special and the subsequent Negima!? OVA's. They show off their animation prowess a little bit in those OVAs', especially in the Negima!? Summer Special. Shaft's problem has always been two things: a) Lack of man power, and b) money.

It seems they are getting out of their money problem these days (Nisemonogatari for example) thanks to the things they can do with severely limited budget, and yet create smash hits. How many studios can say that?

And KyoAni isn't all that special if we are considering the aspect of overall animation. Aside from their work in FMP Second Raid, they are mostly average. Studios like Production I. G., Sunrise, Gainax are way ahead when it comes to animated movement. And besides, shows like Air, Kanon, or Clannad didn't really require much movement to tell the story. To me it always looked like they spent a significant portion of their time and money to create OP/ED song theme than the actual show.

*waves back at Skyfall*