View Single Post
Old 2012-03-08, 16:29   Link #613
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Marco becoming a warlord would be an interesting twist, but I really don't see him selling himself out to become a government dog. Doing so would bring shame to the WB pirates, and he would be dishonoring the memory of Whitebeard and Ace. Moreover, how would the shichibukai position behoove Marco? Most likely, he's going to try to make Teach pay for his crimes, but will ultimately fail in the end. The shichibukai position doesn't really facilitate Marco's goals in any way (assuming that his goal(s) is to get revenge on Blackbeard).
Well yes, hence why i called it an out of left field theory... like I was implying, Marco would have to somehow be FORCED to take the position. Like for instance maybe the whitebeard pirates have found themselves on hard times in the past 2 years; hundreds of pirate crews in the new world started picking at WB's territories and Blackbeard in particular was most quick about stealing the land away. Slowly but surrely the crew may have found itself being picked away bit by bit by numerous opportunistic and vengeful crews; in addition to akainu's ruthless pursuits. Marco himself may have even suffered greatly by challenging Blackbeard and loosing. In the end, Marco finds himself forced to take the shichibukai to help protect his crew.

But even that kind of scenario has serious faults considering how Marco would probably soon die than serve the WG (making it about sacrifsing himself to save the others makes it slightly more plausiable), and then there is also the possiblity of them being able to turn to shanks if things looked bad... and we know shanks would help them

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, Marco becoming a warlord doesn't feel right to me, either. I mean, the only reason why the government had offered Ace the position at all was because they were unaware that he was the pirate king's son, so why would they accept the "son" of the pirate who was closest to becoming PK after Roger?
Well the reason they feared Ace and Luffy is because they feared they would become as strong as their fathers. Marco however does not share that biological connection to WB and thus may not ever come close to being like him. Hell the fact that Marco was not able to take a spot amongst the Yonkoucould validate that he is not as big of a potential threat like a future dragon or future gold roger. Marco still has a fierce reputation and is a powerful fighter. Plus bringing marco into their fold might help further the significance of the government's victory over the pirates.

Quote:
As far as other supernovas go, after Law I'd say that Drake would be the most likely to be granted amnesty. After all, he was even a former marine (a rather high-ranking one at that), so the government may be a bit more willing to accept him back under their wing. But this is assuming that he didn't integrate himself into Kaidou's crew or something like that......
I would doubt Drake would want to be a shichibukai... afterall, he left the marines before becoming a pirate so I would not think that he would want to take up a job that would mean serving the world government again