View Single Post
Old 2004-12-19, 05:02   Link #19
LynnieS

Getting both; okay, getting the PSP since I've already bought the DS. "Ridge Racer" looks really nice, and I'd like to give "Metal Gear Acid" and "Dynasty Warriors" a try as well. "Hot Shots Golf" looked great even on the tiny screen. The idea of region-free games (from Gamespot.com's coverage) is pretty good also; if shipments arrive regularly, I think I'll pick up a couple extras as late Christmas gifts or something and store up some favors.

The only problem is the stores in Tokyo that I went to are still out of PSPs, and no new shipment is in sight. The salesclerks looked really ticked off at my asking also; everyone is probably asking for the latest news not yet posted on ads.

People outside of Japan had better hope they get the kinks out of the shipping process, or you won't see the PSP till the second half of 2005, IMHO.

Have they announced the retail price of the PSP outside of Japan also? At 20,000 yen or so for the regular version and 25,000 yen for the deluxe package, I think they're almost giving the thing away here. An initial price of US$250, especially if there is a shortage continuing, probably wouldn't be out of the question and drop it at a later time.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote