View Single Post
Old 2010-08-30, 20:46   Link #16835
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chounokoe View Post
The problem is the exact other way around than you make it sound. One message bottle was found too early for it to be sent after the typhoon started.
And how exactly was that determined?

Quote:
And saying that she did not write the messages because she was suspecting something but out of boredom is a horrible sell-out. Then you could as well argue, that the whole stories are fiction anyway, Eva found the gold, told nobody, went to Kuwadorian and got everything for herself and she only cares for Ange, because she has nothing better to do. It would betray the whole concept of Umineko.
No comments.

Quote:
But if they planned on running away, why would they send those letters in the first place? Just because they were such nice people? Okay, I would buy that, but why exactly those people?! Especially when Rudolph and Kyrie would have no reason to get one of those cards anyway, because they would have been among the people solving the epitaph and finding the gold.
Is there any evidence that they did get one? Ange searches her memory and then convinces herself one might have existed, but somehow no trace remains. She picks the one solution that lets her assume the most sinister reason for the letters to exist.

Quote:
So you wiggle yourself out by saying EP7 was a lie.
Okay, then I say the relationship between George and Shannon is a lie, it never happened and was all part of the magic scenes.
Sounds cheap? Yeah, because it is.
Sorry, but you're dissolving into "I can call your theory cheap but you can't call mine cheap because I won't ever accept it can be called cheap." Two can play that game, only it's not particularly interesting and doesn't get anyone closer to the truth.

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote