View Single Post
Old 2010-12-03, 10:01   Link #19358
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao Ni Ma View Post
My biggest gripe is having someone masquerading as two different people without anyone noticing it! Dont we have a rule against that?!
Currently I can only think of two possible ways to explain Yasu's second "world change".

1) Kanon is just Yasu's imaginary friend. Shannon was like that, Beatrice is also like that, so why Kanon should be any different? By this logic we can think that Kanon has always been nothing but an imaginary persona that Yasu created and placed in the real world.
It is still possible that Kanon later popped up for real, like for example during the cultural festival. It is possible that Shannon agreed to become Jessica's "boyfriend" for all the reasons that have been explained. It is also possible that Kanon was actually there on Rokkenjima prime as part of Yasu's grand plan.
The only problem with this perspective is that then we can't explain why everyone thinks that Kanon has been working for three years. Are all the adults in the conspiracy?

2) Yasu is maaaaad! And I mean completely mad. She can wake up one day and think she is a completely different person. You know those wacko who think they are Napoleon? Well same thing, except one day Yasu woke up thinking she was her own brother. Basically this would mean she is schizophrenic. Under such perspective we can imagine that the usual GENSAWAJO endeavors to cover Yasu's ass, and therefore helped her to live that double life without her even noticing.
This is somehow supported by EP5, where you can explain all the oddities related to Erika as Yasu suddenly thinking she is a detective.
The problem with this interpretation is that while schizophrenia can explain most of those odd behaviors (BTW psychotic people tend to be smarter than the average population if you didn't know. See John Nash.) It doesn't explain why Yasu is otherwise functioning perfectly like a normal person. realistically speaking a schizophrenic would inevitably give himself away. One would also wonder why Nanjo leaves her completely untreated, because there's been drugs for a while that would completely suppress psychosis (with awful side effects...).

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote