View Single Post
Old 2012-10-10, 09:56   Link #152
Andrewthelord

As a journalist and a volunteer in youth associations in my country, if i would be stuck in a game like SAO i'll probably continue to do what I do in my real life.

In SAO there is the virtual newspaper. Information it's everything. Knowing, for example, that the dungeon in 28 floor it's full of deadly traps before even entering it would make the difference between living and dying. I would join a great guild and devote my time to this task. But i would not sit in my guild house waiting for the front liners to give me informations, i'll probably be a "embedded journalist", like the guys who followed armies during the wars. So, technically, i would be a front liner too, but my goal would not be clearing bosses but stand nearest the "action" as possibile. So i would need to have strong defence and strong equipment.

In fact, I would be someone like Agil, not for the merchant thing but for helping others.

Not only information, even morale would be fundamental. There will be the need to form "support groups", helping each other, giving self the reason to keep fighting. I know not everyone will be in the frontlines, too scared too dying, but i'll make sure everyone knows the effort that some guys are giving to free everyone. So, even mid-level players would help them someway, or, maybe, I'd make possible for some mid-level player to join the front-liners and help us win the war.

Last thing: i was surprised to discover that Kirito and Asuna said each other names only in the end. I think players stuck in a VR would have to talk about always about their real life: because it would remind them what they're expecting out there, and, in the same time, helping people not to twist their personality and even became PK.
Andrewthelord is offline   Reply With Quote