View Single Post
Old 2007-03-06, 12:22   Link #7
Morph

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxanimefan4_ever
did you make it? if so you can upload on other sites like youtube that has much better quailty.
Ah, my upload is really slow... and to upload these videos to YouTube (and my own site) restricted my download for almost a day! I'd really rather not reencode (which will make it gigantic), and upload if I don't have to. But please feel free to do so if you have the time and patience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastator View Post
Regarding the typesetting video, I think you should've skipped some of the basic functions, or if necessary, covered them very lightly. Changing the font size and name, using pos and move are all very basic.
Yes, you're right... but it is an introduction to typesetting

Quote:
I really don't think anyone needs a guide to figure out how to use them apart from the syntax. I'm a part of the group of people that learned how to use ASS with the MorphineX guide (giving the syntax and 1-line descriptions) and Notepad.
Well, reading takes more motivation~! A simple video guide is easier to understand in my opinion for beginners who dare to venture into the world of typesetting.

And I'm very happy you read what I wrote about TextSub ~ but I think the scene changed so much since that newer guides would be more helpful. I read the karaoke help thread here sometime ago, and the information being passed there is just mind boggling. But if I make a new video, I will introduce transformation, vector drawing, fade, border, and stuff in a more organized fashion (like a note box! I love note boxes, they're so distracting).

Quote:
Now the encoding video... Where should I start? Since I take it you know how to use VirtualDub (or at least VDM, since you used it in the video) and AviSynth, it would have been a good idea to cut out the unnecessary parts, like sitting on Google typing things, deleting them, then closing/minimizing the browser and the bit about trying to rename an open file.
I have to be honest. The timing video was the first one I did, and I wrote on a piece of paper with what I was going to cover. The encoding video, I did it impromptu. I actually started recording, and paused for a second to think, "wait... do I have any raws or ass to work with? Ah! yes! I was thinking about working on KgNE AMV, so I got those files to play with!"

So, there were a lot of... just random stuff I threw in as I remembered them. Sorry! I will be more concise if I make anymore video.

Quote:
Also, 10MB per minute sounds like years of research in video compression thrown out the window to me. If 10MB per minute was optimal, I'm sure there'd be a lot of 240MB (+ audio) anime encodes.
That's very true. Frankly, I was never in the encoding sector, and learned only bits and pieces here and there. I learned enough to push out a release that's good enough where average fansub viewer wouldn't be able to tell the difference ... or that if I have the encoder's usual filter setup for the raw, I would be able to process and release.

Quote:
Lastly, I think the audience would've probably been anticipating to see the result of your encode, rather than another AVS example with an advertisement as the header comment.
Haha, no, it wasn't an advertisement really. It's what I used, and it worked well for me and will probably work well for newbie who just want to play with filters without having to download each of them individually. It's really a nice package, though probably superfluous for real encoders out there.

Real good encoding takes a lot more time to learn than just what I showed within the 10 minutes I decided to use on the video. And I know I don't have the qualifications to talk about it in any detail. But if people just want to encode something quickly, they can just view the video, and produce something in a few minutes with free software without having to read pages of documents =)
Morph is offline   Reply With Quote