View Single Post
Old 2009-02-27, 09:00   Link #899
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfood1 View Post
ya it's pretty simple, everyone in destiny are the bad guys, there is no good guys.
This is essentially true of the real world as well. That's why it's foolish to divide the world into good/evil dichotomies. Especially when a more nuanced examination of "to what degree" should be applied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
If my memory serves me right, Lacus responded after Durandal fired that doomsday weapon to other countries first
Not quite. Her repudiation of Durandal came right after they repulsed the attack on Orb - as Meer tried to present Durandal's justification for the attack. By that time, she already had a good idea about what he was up to, so the timing makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coba View Post
I don't care whatever the reason is, the rule/treaty is there so that everyone follows it. The treaty to ban the nuclear use is there because they want to prevent the catastrophic effect of the nuclear which they experience before.
Correction: treaties are in place for the treaty signatories to follow. Everyone else is exempt from its stipulations. For now, it is still unclear whether Orb was a signatory to the ban on deploying Neutron Jammer Cancelers in the first place. Moreover, weapons limitation treaties aren't the kind of moral absolutes that you think they are. The idea behind them is that abiding by the stipulations, tensions will ease between countries in those specific areas, and reduce the likelihood of a war. Once a war breaks out, the treaty itself becomes void.

You're free to dislike Destiny for other reasons, but your reasoning here is in error.