View Single Post
Old 2011-02-17, 14:28   Link #53
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Spoiler for Episode 7 - breaking down of sakaya-chan:

Man really mind breaking.
I find it interesting, though, if I'm reading this correctly. Kyoko has been through a hellish ringer, and thus is in perfect position to help Sayaka. It's possible this is being deliberately setup, too, since Sayaka could be foreshadowed in Kyoko. After all, Kyoko didn't turn into a witch.

And it's still fanon that MG's can turn into witches. Hell, to listen to Kyube talk, he deliberately makes their soul strong enough that it wouldn't turn into one. It would actually be counter-productive to let MG's be vulnerable to that. Even if, by some odd chance, he wants that to happen, he has a horrible track record. Kyoko, Homura, and Mami haven't become witches, so even if Sayaka does, that's only a 25% success rate.

In short, it doesn't add up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
just for the record, the first half of my post there was sarcastic
Heh, thanks for noting that. Sometimes it is hard to tell.

Anyway, a few more initial thoughts; it is becoming more clear that idealism won't win this. If Mami and Sayaka's idealism was thwarted this badly, then having Madoka's idealism win would be incredibly stupid. Instead, Homura's and Kyoko's words about staying out, or only getting in for selfish reasons, to be the more correct choices. Homura would have been proven right.

So that only leaves the possibility of a bittersweet ending at best, where Madoka eventually kills all witches, but she's lost all the friends she had, and thus goes on alone, realizing that the world doesn't work on idealism, and if she had only made the hard choice to get involved sooner, she might have been able to prevent everything.

As Kyube said in the dream at the start, she has the power to change fate (like most MG protagonists do), but she didn't use that power, and thus didn't change fate at all.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote