View Single Post
Old 2012-07-31, 23:24   Link #158
Warm Mist

The one singular thing I'm expecting out of Chuunibyou is good animation, especially since the premise allows it. They can do the ever improving low key realistic character acting they're known for, and they can go all out in the chuuni delusions of the characters by presenting their imagined "battle shounen" world.

I don't know how many budget and volition Kyoani will put on this, but I'm hoping for good sequences, since the overall visual aspects (besides the potentially good frame animation) don't look like they will be anything new or daring, and I've already seen this staff together many times in Key adaptions.

That said, I'm also hoping (although with more caution) for the original segments to be well scripted, so that I can see how the studio manages these things on their own, since I've always wanted Kyoani to make an anime original (Munto doesn't count). Perhaps if this is a success they will be less scared of doing an original (maybe for TBS?).

Anyway, I'm not really having high expectations of the comedy parts or the romance in general, but at the very least I hope for enjoyable characters.
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote