View Single Post
Old 2011-01-31, 17:18   Link #42
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorOfLife View Post
You were the one who said he responded to her heart. So when did Kyubei appear to wannabe mahou shoujos in the series?

Mami because he responded to her heart (BUT did not know her yet)
Sayaka because he responded to her heart at the very point the guy acted up

And you implicitly agree he can teleport because you disagree he was following them or spying on them in any way
Not sure he can teleport. He was considerably bloodied and beat up, actively running away from Homura. If he could teleport, he should have been able to get away fine.

He probably possesses some sort of radar to know where all MG's and potential MG's are, then head in their direction. No idea how fast he can move, though. Through some sort of nebulous magical link, he can probably get a decent read on their feelings, similar to how telepathy works. Thus, he probably sensed Mami wishing to live, and showed up to offer her a contract, as it was the only way to save her. Then he sensed Sayaka wanted to make a contract and had a firm wish in mind, and thus he was there.

Quote:
The things you're asking him to do is like pointing a giant finger at himself "I'm bad". Eg appearing and say you can help out if she does X? Well if i see someone having an asthma attack and say "Hey, i'll help out if you pay me money and give me bjs". I'm sure even the most naive people would start to suspect that i don't really want to help you.
Well, he did do that when Mami was killed: "Contract with me, quick!" I'd suspect he could do it again when Madoka was threatened, but he didn't. Probably sensed she still didn't want to be an MG; in fact, she despaired hard enough to consider suicide, or at least dying, herself.

Quote:
So far he has not really been doing anything noticably suspicious to the characters in the anime.
And that's where a lot of us are coming from. Could he be evil? Sure. But a coincidence or two does not make me jump to the "evil!" conclusion.

Quote:
Yes because things happen and wishes are only a bandaid, not a cure. That hand cured? Sure until he falls down and breaks it or injures it seriously again or shatters his leg or loses his right hand, etc tec.

Feeling great because you "sacrificed" yourself for him? Well that lasts about a few minutes. Fighting witches? Well that lasts about the rest of your short life.

Final result = STUPID
Well, I suppose I can understand how you feel. I don't agree, but I can see it as a viewpoint. Question then:

If you were in an accident that paralyzed you from the waste down, would you want to be cured? Or would you take the angle: "Well, I'm paralyzed, and it's stupid to get cured when it will teach me something good!" ?

I suspect I know the answer, but I'd like to hear it. Just a note that most people would probably choose to be cured, so you'll have to accept your viewpoint is in the minority.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote