View Single Post
Old 2011-07-31, 18:40   Link #2856
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv165
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I'm starting Sena's route and she already wins second top place in my list of Yuzusoft girls....with only Sana from Tenshin Ranman surpassing her.
If you barely started her route, yet react this way, I think she will grow on you -veryyyy- quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I enjoyed reading your impressions of the game and Sena's route! I would say that this is definitely one of my favourite "moege" in the last little while, with a good blend of elements that should satisfy pretty much anyone. It's funny though... while I do recognize all the moe points about Sena and did like the route well enough (and I agree the way that it was handled was quite balanced), she wasn't actually my favourite character in the game. I'd actually have to go with Akari and Maya as my two favourite characters/routes; perhaps I just couldn't get over their cute and hilarious ignorance when it comes to simple romance?
Well, I always had a fond of Yuzusoft games ever since ExE, so long I don't except mind blowing drama or so (although Natsuzora's Chihaya's caught me offguard). They definitely have a knack at making moege and having a monopoly on Muririn and Kobuichi designs is a huge plus in my books (current avatar is the most destructive smile sample I believe ).

Anyway, done with Akari's route, and it was entertaining, although the "drama" was actually a bit on the downside, nothing exactly that major though:

Spoiler for Akari's route:

Quote:
Anyway, add another vote for Noble Works as a game people should try as a decent choice within that genre. I agree that, while I liked Tenshin Ranman well enough, this game definitely shows improvement in nearly every area, and really makes me look forward to seeing what that group will come up with next.
I read Tenshin Ranman a little bit (Aoi's route and half of Hime's), and I must say the major problem with Tenshin Ranman was its unbalanced pace at times, and also the fact the core premise (Haruki's bad luck curse) became quickly a background trivia instead of being a running backbone plot line (whilst Takumi's role is never omitted and lead to overarching issues and plot directions).
I did enjoy Tenshin Ranman though: I certainly appreciated a lot Aoi and her route, and the comedy antics were hilarious, although there wasn't really a "solid group" together, and I should probably resume it someday (at least finishing Hime and Sana...Ruri? Not so much...).

The most notable improvement with NW is probably the cohesion between characters interactions, along with the pace (common route and drama), while keeping their fluffy and comic formula intact.
I'm certainly looking forwards to their next title, although the themes are really different each time, so I wonder what they are going to do now.
Quote:
(And also who will get a route in the inevitable PSP port. I'm going to guess Makoto, but would be sort of scared if they went with Chiaki...)
You think they will make a port? They only started with Tenshin Ranman, and I have no idea how the sales went for this port nor for NW so...
Whilst I can see a very happy guy with Makoto being added in the cast (which makes much more sense than that joke route for yasetsuna ), Chiaki route could be interesting... in a very very -very- odd way... (fujoshi stuff? S/M? The possible amount of fetish involving her might be too scary )