View Single Post
Old 2013-10-07, 14:15   Link #1471
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
I think that's exactly the whole point of sniping. Repechage added a new dimension of complication to this tournament. If you can snipe the girl that defeated your actual target as well, then your target doesn't even have repechage to fall back on, so sniping is not entirely worthless here.
But sniping became much more difficult. Let's say that you use Girl B to snipe Target Girl A in Round 1. Then in Round 2, if you want to snipe Girl B you have to get enough votes to surpass Girl B's fanbase plus Girl A's fanbase. Considering that the targets of sniping are generally strong, "double sniping" becomes a daunting task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
Maybe the repechage was implemented because sniping was seen as unfair, but if you get sniped twice in a row like that maybe you just wouldn't be able to win anyway.
I like the repechage system because it balances out the randomness of the draw. However I would have done something completely different: a seeding system. I'd take the girls who won their respective Preliminary Group and put them in different brackets, so that they can only meet each other in the Group Final.

Quote:
And sniping is still completely relevant in the final 16 anyway so...
At the Sweet 16 level it can't be called sniping anymore, since the target's fanbase should be going all out. If the target can't win even when her fans are giving their all then she is just weak.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)