View Single Post
Old 2013-10-07, 18:43   Link #1473
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
Shinka lost? To that degree? One of the bigger surprises yet and a massive blow, if not already a death knell to Chuu2koi's chances of grabbing the crown this year. Or was their faction's chances just a delusion all along? That's what we'll find out next match in a battle of illusions between the delusional Tyrant's Eye and Rosso Fantasma. Lots of fakes in this match too, not to mention a brief screw up by the admins/organizers as mentioned by Subayai.

This Saimoe is proving to be a lot less predictable than the last two incarnations, and that's what makes things more exciting.
(and also dangerous to be complacent in)

I would agree that Azusa is pretty moe herself, though. I see her as being a lot more moe than Shinka too at least...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Speaking of prelim performance, though, maybe Mori-sama was overrated just b/c she finish ahead of Kyouko in her prelim group.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
Wow. Azusa just demolished Shinka in their match. I'm really surprised Shinka couldn't do anything to Azusa. I'm guessing she's getting boosted or something but it seems like Rikka or Kyouko might have a very tough time next round. Arata hasn't looked that good before and she still doesn't. Even so, Tomoka beat her pretty badly. I guess it really shows that Tomoka beating Kyouko wasn't a fluke.
I'm telling you, no matter how strong Azusa is there's no way she can defeat Shinka so easily just like that. There's only one possible explanation of this, and that's Shinka got sniped. By MadoMagi, no doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Edit: Saki Miyanaga should dye her hair blue, and wear blue contacts, to try to con Kyouko voters into voting for her. (Coldlight will probably get this joke at least)
And grow her hair longer. Then I'll join too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
But sniping became much more difficult. Let's say that you use Girl B to snipe Target Girl A in Round 1. Then in Round 2, if you want to snipe Girl B you have to get enough votes to surpass Girl B's fanbase plus Girl A's fanbase. Considering that the targets of sniping are generally strong, "double sniping" becomes a daunting task.
But generally girl B will also be boosted by the girl she knocked out in round 1. It's difficult, but not impossible as has been shown repeatedly so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
I like the repechage system because it balances out the randomness of the draw. However I would have done something completely different: a seeding system. I'd take the girls who won their respective Preliminary Group and put them in different brackets, so that they can only meet each other in the Group Final.
Why not do both.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.