View Single Post
Old 2011-10-14, 14:07   Link #1003
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
Wish visual novels I played had a voice for the main character...

Anyway, to the episode. Yep, they're crazy all right - but there is chemistry there between Kodaka, Yozora and Sena here. Playing the games may not have done much in the sense of improving their relationships with each other (Yozora and Sena still beating each other up with renewed vigour ), but it certainly told me a lot of things about their character.

Kodaka is nothing more than a victim of circumstance - had he had black hair (to start with, not dyed it) and turned up on time to the first day, I doubt he would have had much of a problem with making friends.

Yozora and Sena on the other hand... yikes, they have problems. No wonder why they can't make friends if they thought Fujibayashi in the game was a slut by being friendly towards the MC in the game when they'd only just met her.

Definitely think the latter two have a skewed sense of how to make friends, in my opinion.

Always thought the OP was good, but the ED has grown on me.
More than voiced protagonist for VN, what amazes me more is that the other characters are able to voice the protagonist name, and a weird one at that...I haven't been following the latest-gen games for the last few years, so maybe they already starts to appear, but back when I play while inserting your name is very common, they usually just use pronoun and things like that when the name comes up in voice acting.

Poor Kodaka, but for some reason my greatest laugh comes from him. His backfiring attempt to get friends, him just digging for gems while the two girls fight, and his fury upon discovering that the MC already has the usual loser best friend is hilarious. And yeah, comparison for Sena to Kirino will inevitably occurs, they're both smart, athletic and popular, and also huge fan of galge and even forces the MC to play it. While Sena is by no means not bitchy, I think Yozora's callousness fits the little sister's personality better though.