View Single Post
Old 2007-04-05, 10:14   Link #95
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
And I thought of Utawarerumono. >.>

First episode was a good one. Interesting glimpse of the plot to come, and I must say it feels Epic. EPIC. At the same time, the OP did a great job of introducing us to it. I like space-themed operas, so I'm digging this. Also, it seems to be able to take itself both lightly and seriously throughout the episode. I lol'ed at the way he thanked the Fu-to and called a Processor "Mother," and later awed at the way he took down the nest.

I wonder if he can control his morphing into The Great Being, or whether it just takes over him without him remembering anything after. I think the latter would be likely, and if it is, it'll be a loss to me, IMO. I'm bored of those types of characters that unconsiously possess God-like powers and then feel guilty of them. It'll be much more interesting if he knows about this himself and can think for himself while in "God-mode." I also wonder why The Bronze Race attacked; they didn't seem to want anything from the planet except to crash and burn; and I thought that was rather weak without an explanation.

But that's just the first episode. I'll be following this.
Utawarerumono came into my mind too, but I prefer to avoid those lines of spoilerific talks. If Bebop ending is spoilerific, then Utawarerumono definitely qualifies. They're not Darth Vader = Anakin Skywalker.

Fuuto = Food? lol

Anyway, the background story half-translated by Eleutheria should answer some of your mysteries...

Spoiler:

So, technically, the Bronze aliens were most likely sent by the Silver tribe.

But damn, this is supposed to be an Argonaut + Tarzan story in space. Where's Hercules's harem?

Edit : And alongside that background info, here's Heroic Age's version of the 12 Labours, which is obviously going to be the plot and drama for Heroic Age.

Spoiler:

So, summing it up, we're going to witness Age go through SOME SERIOUS MINDFUCK, and worse still if he falls in love with the princess. (( which has like a 99% chance of happening...))

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote