View Single Post
Old 2009-03-12, 19:19   Link #66
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Well Torch actually isn't a distraction in this episode. During episode 21 though, I can't help but to have some dismay over its inclusion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba
In an anime with cat turning into shouta,
I find adequate exploration on the messages of Clannad. This isn't the sentiment of everyone, but nobody should honestly expect the exact same reaction. Being in dismay over how there is lack of criticism is unfounded too since that's just merely trying to seek affirmation when it's not really needed over one's self-opinion.

To be honest, I think KyoAni actually did absorb lessons from AIR and Kanon in going about Clannad. There are far fewer ambugities remaining from the visual novel transplantation and that the support characters do have better balance in carrying the plot over. Mind you, this partly comes with Maeda Jun becoming more and more polished with his craft and providing better designs, but it does end up creating something more coherant than the two prior works.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori