View Single Post
Old 2009-08-09, 03:27   Link #298
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsterSelene View Post
I do make friends with HaruKyon fans but you people are SICK.

Why are you wishing death on Yuki just so she can't get with Kyon? Read the author's notes, Tanigawa-sensei favors Yuki (ahem)
Favors Yuki as a character, not as a pairing. She's easy to write for.

And I've seen YukiKyon fans wish much, much worse on Haruhi.

I was half-joking, in any case, and take it as a compliment: Yuki is exactly the sort of character that would perform a noble sacrifice. And you can bet Tanigawa would wring every bit of drama out of her death as he can.

Quote:
Kyon doesn't seem like the kind of person to be in denial, anyway. And putting Male Lead Char. x Female Lead Char. is too clichéd, and from Tanigawa-sensei's writing style he HATES clichés.
PFFFFFFFF HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Haruhi is probably one of the most cliched, stereotypical series ever. Its beauty is in its excellent protagonist, good writing, and most importantly the ways in which it USES its cliches.

And, for that matter, when the male lead chooses anyone else BUT the female lead... it tends to both feel forced and not go over too well. See Ichigo 100% and the Shuffle anime.

Lastly, the Haruhi Suzumiya series. Not Fight On, Nagato-san, but the Haruhi Suzumiya series.

Quote:
And Kyon said he loved Yuki in Charmed at First Sight LOVER, so I see no reason to refrain.
Not in those exact words. He says that he cares about her the most out of any of them, and that's because she's a Mary Sue she probably needs it. It's more a 'moe' thing than a 'love' thing.