View Single Post
Old 2007-06-17, 11:48   Link #2076
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
*Imagines Chibi-AO and Chibi-Sakura playing tug-o-war with an Aether thread, and their mages in the background sweat-dropping*

Are we spoiling AO humanoid form here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
@An Hero: The directed divine shield "Blessing of Protection" would hold out against aether attacks, but like any normal shield, repeat attacks wear it out. However, it is cheap and spammable. The practically invincible self-surround Gotteliches Schield has a 15s duration, and being a favor granted by the Naaru, there is a 2 min "cooldown" before the next one can be requested. Wachter-Engel has a very large absorbance and can expand till its very big, but its high in mana cost, and has a 10 min cooldown.

Serge's defences would pose a bigger challenge to Kha's barrier breakers since they were built stronger at the fundamental level, so Serge should be able to hold out better than other mages too.
I see, so physically the spells do interact, just Flow Manipulation can't influence the divine magic like it does with regular spells. So if against a regular shield an aether attack rather dispels it (fully or partially) than breaks, against a divine shield it'll face a solid barrier needed to be overcome by force, right? (and speaking about force Serge's direct aether attacks mostly aren't that powerful)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW any more info on SaintX's Key Devices and his views on the structure of multiverse? I need to know if my plot will somehow interfere

Last edited by An Hero in Disguise; 2007-06-17 at 12:05.