View Single Post
Old 2006-10-25, 02:52   Link #2
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
Does anyone here use IMVU Instant Messaging? IMVU is an instant messenger where it can generate a 3D character for you and then place them in an interactional background interacting with the other person.

http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_index_new.php

It looks very interesting. So I was wondering if anybody had any bad things to say about it?
Oh yeah, I remember seeing it on some Web 2.0 site and took a look at it. Sure it would be cool to create your own 3D character, but it reminds me of the virtual world Second Life where you can create your own 3D items and stuff for your virtual self. Unfortunately I suck at graphics so I'd never be able to make something nice for myself.

Secondly, I got put off by the fact that one can create totally customized profile pages where you can just about write or place anything at all anywhere you want on the profile page. I took a look at one or two pages and their knowledge of good web design was so bad that they overwhelm their profile page with overlapping text and graphics and stars all over the screen etc. Sure it is good that you have the freedom to do such things, but if it's one thing I don't like, it's a messy page.

I never liked personal pages where music or video starts playing immediately when you visit it, like many social networking sites including Myspace are letting people do. I've never liked that part of Web 2.0 and hence unless I have friends using this IM service, I doubt I will ever use it.

Disclaimer: This is my personal preference, and I hold no responsibility for any emotional scarring you may have from reading this post.
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote