View Single Post
Old 2013-04-09, 15:11   Link #2968
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Yes, but if we go on the debate of semantics we will be here all week. In this case is just a word I use to illustrate the point. And you yourself notice how this retcons are in place just to give this story an “arc” about Vivio that can’t even keep its focus on her. Now you see the results as fine despite the flaws, Keroko, but I don’t and there is when we can say it falls to personal taste and interpretation. I don’t mind these elements as much as I mind the poor use of them. Hey I will criticize this decisions as my way of nitpick but here it goes beyond just that. There was story and so much content and in the end ViVid falls flat with really lazy writing. So really all of this is, to be honest, a feeling of disappoint. ViVid could be better if they just put some effort in to it to rise from the low bar they have settle for the quality of their stories. And not to say this is the stuff of epic novels but at least something watchable or enjoyable.

But to get back on the point: Vivio and Olivie have a strange relationship to put it someway. And that fact along could have drive an entire character center manga. Hey, I know this should have magic explosions and fights but nothing is going to be lost if we just add substance to this.