View Single Post
Old 2011-02-10, 07:46   Link #136
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Spoiler for IS Pilot Suit vs AC Pilot Suit: A treatise on Armor:
So if I'm getting this right AC is apparently from the Battletech school of mecha design where in having cockpits that can get so hot as to be severely hazardous to a pilots health isn't seen as a glaring design flaw for which heads in engineering department should roll, but rather just a fact of life. I find it rather funny that this short seems to be poking fun at the IS guys for wearing bathing suits in combat while seemingly accepting the mecha guys having to wear portable refrigerators on their chests to keep from getting heatstroke in their mechs as entirely sensible...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
It goes to show how much the IS, for all its overpoweredness, lacks some principles of live combat.
Such as...? They have firepower, outstanding mobility, and passable protection they may not be utterly unstoppable but they'd be one fucking HELL of a force multiplier and they'd utterly dominate small scale engagements. You could deploy them as is with zero modifications and they'd instantly be highly effective in live combat.

Quote:
They really are great for space exploration, but it is only because of White Knight that people have become hung-up on it being some kind of weapon.
Yes I’m sure people being “hung up” on it being some kind of weapon has nothing to do with you know the high powered deadly weapons, high speed and mobility, energy shields and ability to be carried around with less effort then a damn pistol.

Quote:
And with all funds being pushed into that venture, IS is being turned into a weapon...
They're already a weapon they have god damn missiles, autocannons, and beam weapons with the firepower to destroy armored vehicles. This is like looking at a B-52 and going "my god they're turning airplanes into weapons!"

Last edited by Tk3997; 2011-02-10 at 08:06.
Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote