View Single Post
Old 2011-12-01, 19:53   Link #161
Haladflire65
*Artist

Thanks for the suggestions, ZGoten and Seishin!

I've been liking heavier rock for a while but it was mostly J-rock (abingdon boys school, Nightmare, GazettE, those types) until recently, when I first started listening to Maiden and Kamelot (so sad about Roy Khan's departure D: ). But yeah, as you guys already know I really love the epic and moving qualities of symphonic/power melodies! I did try a bit of Nightwish already but they didn't appeal to me as much as Epica did, however I will definitely go back to them since that's how I first felt about Kamelot too (NO idea why). I'll also check out those others, Seishin!

As for black/death metal, I can't say that I'll be getting into it anytime soon. But I'm still open to the genres, since I found myself liking Nevermore's Born a lot, even if it has quite a lot of growling, as well as the Dark Empire stuff ZGotez posted! I might be able to ease myself into heavier things as time passes... would you say black and death metal are acquired tastes? Cause I feel like the more I listen, the more I get used to it and the more I keep coming back to it.

I think another thing I like in metal is relatively clear and soaring vocals, like Maiden, Kamelot or Stratovarious. Which is probably why black/death metal was initially just like WHOA for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
IHowever, It may yet be too early for him to approach that kind of genre if he only know found out what he really likes in metal.
BTW, I'm a teenaged girl Which is why people look at me weirdly when I claim to love metal (and stuff like Iron Maiden at that)!