View Single Post
Old 2013-12-19, 12:47   Link #184
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK
Ellessarr, your concerns are worth discussing, but not here in this thread where debate about the spoiler policy is off-topic. I suggest you post your questions in the Spoiler Policy Q&A thread where you can make your case and be on-topic as well.
ok since moderator asked here we go:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny
What's more "lazy"? Not spending every waking moment ferreting out minutiae about a series that is likely not the only series you're following at the moment, or not highlighting a paragraph, hitting the Spoiler Tag button, and typing in a warning?

The reasonable assumption is that not everyone is going to immediately go digging for information about the series all over the internet. Yes, there are "casual viewers" of anime. Also, this forum is not an A-B conversation. People are joining and leaving all the time, and the ignorant noob (in the descriptive, not pejorative, sense) that registered an hour ago is just as much a part of the "conversation" as some guy that might have found and read leaked copies of the light novels on /a/ before they even came out in Japan. But even then, this thread is not about the light novels, so anything that hasn't been revealed in the anime yet (or may not even be revealed this series) is a spoiler. Just like casual watchers have a responsibility to either keep current with the anime or not complain when we don't wait for them, those who have learned about spoilers have the extra responsibility not to ruin it for everyone else. It's common courtesy.

If it's not yet in the anime, wrap it in spoiler quotes. If it's a link, at least warn about spoilers. It's that simple. End of story.
but my concern here is was the info was on the oficial anime site, and was just a character "background" info where anyone who can read/know japanese could read without any problem

is the same if in the sinopse of a movie or series or anime come and say character a lost his family but i anime not was showed ths. then we gonna consider spoiler???? will be proibited???

like i told if this was a info who indeed was leaked from futures chapters of the source(ln) then fine but a info who come with the anime then for me is not spoiler is just character background showed in the anime oficial site, what means who now will be denied post links from oficial animes sites???? because their can have info who for some peoples is not supposed to have" because their know more about the anime or the source than the oficial site?.
for sumarizing, for me what happened in the yuusha thread could not be considered spoiler, since was a info who come from oficial anime site(not ln or manga or whatever other source)

was a background character info who anyone who can read japanese could be acknowledge and just because animews translated the info just for peoples who can't understood japanese this dont means who was invalid spoiler

that info was a normal info who anyone could be aware before start to watch the anime

if everytime appear in a sinopse or background character a info(from the oficial source) who not appear in animr or not appear early will be against the rules then a lot of animes and thread could break this rule a long time ago.

i dont have problem when indeed peoples using references from others sources like the ln or manga to spoiler future chapters but "old news" who are supposed to be open knowledge, sound very wrong.

at last for me anime oficial site is part of the anime, their provide the info their thing is good to know for us before start to watch anime or when watch.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-12-19 at 18:09. Reason: removed links
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote