View Single Post
Old 2007-04-30, 12:56   Link #1713
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Well, AnimeNewsNetwork (along with AnimeNewsService and Moonphase) finally put up an article about it, so I suppose that settles the issue of whether it is a hoax or not.

I am still baffled by this rather harsh development. The biggest "crime" I could possibly accuse Yamamoto-san of is that his scene transitions were questionable, but that hardly justifies this public smackdown.

The animation quality has been kept consistent, the punchlines had weight, all in all, Lucky Star is hardly a series that is in trouble (unlike one other Spring2007 series where its own producers are all gloom and doom on their own blogs... "The director has fled! Nobody knows what the story is! Doom~! DOOM~!" (although I must admit, I take perverse glee in their plight )).

The way they phrased it, if the news services are to be believed, is that Yamamoto-san did not live up to the studio's standards; but Lucky Star is like, his only chance to take helm and learn the ropes in practice. Yamamoto-san is definitely not going to be allowed to touch CLANNAD, SHnY 2nd Season, or FMP!AVDMC, since it would be suicidal to let a green Director take charge of those "golden goose" projects.

So now that his debut project has been taken away from him, what has he been assigned to now? Episode Director?

Cheers.
I think the reason that the Kissdum situation is so comical is that they are so open about dramatic about it. God when the staff is all like "He left and stuck us with a concept and zero knowledge in our heads" it sounds the theme of a sitcom episode, where they run around scrambling to "get er' done".

Too answer question, Yamamoto will probably now be in charge of being the official Pizza Taster. Yep definetly the Pizza taster! (I mean seriously, is there any other more blatant way to say "You are the fifth wheel of this organization and you can't even direct a 4koma adapation. Now Go sit in the corner.")

This is kind of funny to me in a way, but not in a sitcom way like Kissdum. More like a "What the hell guys?!" Daily Show segment. There's way way too much production drama this season.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote