View Single Post
Old 2009-04-26, 03:10   Link #42
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
The funny thing about this is that they all supposedly have bigger guns. Yet, even with the IS-2/3s later in the war, sporting their gigantic 122mm, they were still out-ranged by the Panther and outgunned by its 75mm high velocity.
- Tak
Nonsense the 75mm was an exceptional weapon for it's class, but it wasn't even in the same league as the 122mm which bested it in all areas of ballistics, the long barreled 88 was closer but still only about a match in terms of anti-armor performance.

Quote:
This is a testament of Sherman crews who encountered Tigers mentioning how a Tiger knocked his tank out as well as the one next to him.
Yeah I mean it's not like it could have been say you know TWO shots or something, no clearly it's far more likely that despite all logic and common sense a shell somehow didn't blow itself apart on impact and tore though an entire tank and then another one.

Quote:
This was an interview done on television and documentaries. Don't tell me its hogwash, get some balls and go tell the folks who survived the experience that its hogwash.
I'll tell him to his face it's bullshit if he acutally claims what you're claiming because simple math and physics says so.

Learn something about ballistics and how they work then come back.

Quote:
I don't see what your uh, hogwash, has to do with his outstanding skills as a Tiger commander, nor do I see how this relates to a fucking video game. I think he knows much, much better than you ever will in your compacted lifespan that life is not a video game (never mind that there wasn't any back in his day), and he had fought in a war to prove it.
Someone mentioned a Tiger pwning everything in a video game and then someone else mentioned how that was unrealistic then you brought up Wittman. Your right he does have nothing to do with it, so why did you bring him up?

Quote:
A Firefly is built to kill Tigers. There may be few, but it has enough firepower to cap a cat. Never mind the fact that his one battalion was ambushed and surrounded by at least half a dozen battle groups, many of which bore a vendetta against him specifically.
So what? Of course he was outnumbered because Germany’s spastic and idiotic industrial policy had assured they'd never be able to produce enough tanks to meet there needs and would always be outnumbered.

Quote:
Your reply is completely irrelevant and extremely pointless as you have utterly missed our previous discussion, where we have noted a tank without an autoloader, without an experienced crew somehow managed to fire two shots in 0.5 seconds as if the turret was a semi-automatic. This has nothing to do with its rate of fire per minute, nor does it have anything to do with whatever naval cannons can do.
Actually Your memory appears to be completely useless and your reading comprehension could use work as well.

Quote:
On the other hand, like JagdPanther noted, you simply can't reload a tank that fast, even with an autoloader.

- Tak
Which I pointed out might not be the case, autoloaders of large caliber able to fire shells at that rate are possible, that was my point. It seems to have totally evaded you though that I was simply correcting a statement you made which was false: that even autoloaders could not produce that speed.

I said nothing about the scene featured in the show or it's feasibility so it's acutally your reply which is useless since you're talking about shit I never even brought up.

Quote:
Right, and the Edelweiss is a real tank and a mass produced piece that we can compare it to the likes of the E-50/75.
No, but it has a finalized design seen in the anime and game which we can make comparisons with. The E-50 on the other hand never assumed a finalized form we can use as a basis for comparison.

Quote:
No.

Just exactly what the hell did you think we have been doing? Speculating!
(no shit). We are speculating which tank resemble the Edelweiss the most.
One was a prototype that was never mass produced, the other also a fictional prototype that was never mass produced, neither went through road or combat tests, but have very similar specs on paper, sure makes plenty of sense to me.
Yes we are speculating and guess what I'm disagreeing your speculation based on the fact you're working from rather suspect data.

Quote:
http://www.panzer-archiv.de/images/d...46/bild220.jpg

You obviously missed that picture. That one has a rather short gun. As for the wheels, we've already discussed plenty on that subject alone. Kindly use the search function.
No I saw it just fine since I read the entire thread and I still say they look very little alike.

Quote:
Lastly, please note that German tank designs in general are an inspiration to the Edelweiss, not a blueprint. Likewise, the Panzer IV acted as an inspiration to the Shamrock, with the latter sporting many configuration differences.
If that's the case trying to compare it to any single tank seems suspect and I'm not sure how true that is anyway as frankly the vehicle has many features that don't look all that German.

Quote:
Then you have no idea what you are talking about. Not least because not many tanks in the era had anything equal to or greater than 85mm (those that do, you can count on your fingers with one hand),
Given that the main battle tanks of all the powers involved could be counted on both hands that's not saying much, after about 1943 pretty much all the new tanks where mounting some kind of cannon in the 90mm range.

Late War Tanks and Tank Destroyers:

M36 Jackson: 90mm Gun
M26 Pershing: 90mm Gun
T-34/85 and SU-85: 85mm Gun
T-44: 85mm Gun
Purposed Replacements for the Panther and Tiger(E series included): 88mm
Ceuntruion Tank: 84mm aka 20 pdr. (completed after the war, but planned fo the tank from the start)

Quote:
never mind the fact that no 85mm gun was ever mounted on a main battle tank in WW2.
And you say I don't know what I'm talking about? That's good for a laugh:
http://www.clubhyper.com/reference/t3485bg_2.html
You Fail World War II Tank Knowledge 101 please consider enrolling in remedial classes.

Quote:
The funny thing about this is that they all supposedly have bigger guns. Yet, even with the IS-2/3s later in the war, sporting their gigantic 122mm, they were still out-ranged by the Panther and outgunned by its 75mm high velocity.

- Tak
Nonsense the 75mm was an exceptional weapon for it's class, but the 122mm matched it in terms of armor penetration and range easily and it's HE shells where needless to say vastly more effective. (the 88 was also roughly comparable but not really better). Is it impressive the Germans got nearly the same penetration out of a much smaller weapon sure? Does that matter, not really no.

Last edited by Tk3997; 2009-04-26 at 03:37.