View Single Post
Old 2009-12-11, 18:24   Link #20992
Merctrin
Immi

Quote:
“I really don’t see the problem, uncle Chrono.” Vivio said. “No one had any issues accepting Nanoha-mama and Fate-mama’s relationship, so why can’t you accept mine? I grew up believing that love transcended things like gender, social status, and age differences. Or can love only transcend a maximum of five years?”
Um, I have a bit of an issue with this. Vivio has a point about love transcending just about anything, but what she has with Yuuno right now isn't love. She may be in love, but he's still trying to work out how he feels. ...And actually, shouldn't that bother the people who care about her more than the age difference? As important as Vivio being with the person she's in love with should be to her family, shouldn't it be just as important to them that she's loved back? Yuuno certainly cares for and loves Vivio, but there's no real evidence of it being love yet.

It could just be me, but it seemed a little like Yuuno is just experimenting with Vivio until he works out his feelings, and that kind of relationship is rarely greeted with enthusiasm. Even without the difference in age, I could see Vivio's family seriously concerned by that.

(Er, that's for 00-Raiser in case anyone couldn't tell... I think I screwed up the quote tags a little)
Merctrin is offline   Reply With Quote