View Single Post
Old 2010-03-12, 14:50   Link #204
CrazyPerson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazred
I wasn't disputing that a power should function in the same way in all frames of reference; was was stating that a specific power user might not be able to apply it equally to all frames of reference. This might be due to a paucity of calculation power, experience, creativity or understanding; take your pick.
I'm not clear what you are saying here. Paucity of calculation power, experience, creativity or understanding shouldn't matter. If a power user applies a power to their frame of reference, it must be applied equally to all frames. There is no pick an choose. Could you clarify?

Quote:
Misaka is often pointed out as an example of a student who progressed from level 1 to level 5, but they have also stated that genetics play a large role in ability. Still, it is understood that Misaka was not consciously capable at birth of all the feats she is capable of in present canon.
True, but I'm just pointing out that understanding the concept of personalized reality might not be the key at all.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPerson
I hope I'm not being premature, but I'm going say that I can not rule out entropy control without either two things:

-Uiharu can make a thermally isolated system (ie. tayaki gives off no heat until touched by Haruue.)
-Uiharu levels up and provides more information on the effects of her abilities.

Though, like you, Alhazred, I still maintain that it's more likely she's drawing zero-point energy to keep the darn piece of tayaki the same temperature.
Heh, but if that were the case, then what form does the energy take? Microwaves? Direct increase in the kinetic energy of the molecules? What molecules? Just water, or anything? So many possibilities...
Most likely just direct increase in kinetic vibration energy. Microwaves or anything else would involve a secondary power which isn't suggested anywhere. Most likely it applies equally to all molecules and not just water; that would requiring picking and choosing.

And to the "no, it's not..." thing, well, he'd have to live with the fact that I pointed out one more consistency! (and then he'd not care about it, which makes me sad.)
CrazyPerson is offline   Reply With Quote