View Single Post
Old 2021-05-10, 16:27   Link #43
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The rivals meeting up was interesting. Total conflict on one side and total friendliness on the other. Of course to be fair Arietty and Ichika don't know about their shared connection with Ryo. Not that they would get antagonistic with each other, but I could see Arietty being a bit more guarded if she knew who Ichika was. Kai had to use up all his energy just to stand up to Ryo there .

Wow this Valentine stuff is getting heavy and that's kind of awesome . Ichika really is getting emotionally invested and struggling with this. Even to the point where without thinking she considered 'action' to be the best present she could go with . Really has been influenced by Ryo that she considers "an action" from her to be a worthy present. She's absolutely right of course . No need to back down and call herself out for being full of herself in this case.

The serious bits really helps make the show work. The issues between Ryo and his father remains strong. And he's going to be back in a few days...Oh boy this is going to be bad. I'm putting full money on Ryo's father coming home to interrupt a moment between Ichika and Ryo that morning. And we're not even talking yet about Arietty wanting to give a present. I'm sure even with his trauma he'd accept a gift from a friend like Arietty, but who knows where his mental state might be if she gives it to him later in the day...