View Single Post
Old 2014-09-29, 04:05   Link #129
Subayai

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I don't want to judge it before it's explained in some way in the manga, but it's hard to see a good justification for triggering the death of a third of what seems to be greatest yet living human civilisation in the world... the fall of wall maria seems to be the equivalent of killing the whole population of both China and India in our world. That's not a crime you can justificate easily, no matter how much fanboyism one inserts into one's post or how much one says "it was the environment that shaped her to do that".
My point of view is that Annie was sent here by someone. It could be that this someone has evil intentions but Annie does not. That does not mean that she is free of crime but whatever crimes she comitted it was the result of her making bad choices and not because she has an evil personality.

You don't have to agree with my point of view of course. If you think that Annie came here of her own volition to kill everyone because she just wants to see the world burn, that's okay. But from what I have seen from her so far, she doesn't seem to be that kind of person.

We know Attack on Titan is full of plot twists and characters who initially seem one thing turn out to have a hidden side. That Annie and by extension all titan shifters aren't actually the evil monsters that they appear to be at the beggining of the story seems like a plausible plot twist to me. As I said before, that doesn't necessarily mean they are free of crime.
Subayai is offline   Reply With Quote