View Single Post
Old 2013-05-29, 19:33   Link #74
freeofgreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
I enjoy his series overall. I just feel index needs to be improved a way. Too many characters. Too little time to give each character a story. The flow just feels off. Especially with how well he writes his other series.
I agree, My two biggest problems with Index is that, and how little "plot security" there is. By that I mean there is no end goal for Index. When Naruto becomes Hokage the series will end, when Luffy finds One Piece, the series will end. In Index, Touma has no end goal, he's simply going with the motions. And though there are tons of story arcs and overarching plot lines, there's no main storyline. As a result the audience has no way of gauging when the series might end, the series could literally end in the next volume or 20 volumes from now.

I feel this may be one of the reason why the sales were on the decline is because people don't know how long they'll have to invest in the series or if the series is even worth investing in at all, as there may not be any satisfaction from the hero achieving a goal he's had since the beginning.
freeofgreed is offline   Reply With Quote