Thread: Licensed Needless
View Single Post
Old 2009-07-05, 11:23   Link #70
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
. I have your same hope: Cruz must become strong! Otherwise what's the point of putting him as the first character in the OP?
Dear god, i hope not! (Unless you are referring to his character and behavior, not physical prowess, in which case i wholeheartedly agree). I, for once, want to see the "casual guy" remain just that, instead of having superpowers being pulled from somewhere the sun doesn't shine, just so that he could rival the other superhumans in the show. Him being a main character doesn't mean he has to kick behind along with the rest of them just him being a central character to the events. (Though given the tropes of shounen genre, that is unlikely to happen and he will likely get some power).

Anyways, i must say i enjoyed the episode a lot - it was definitely an incarnation of over-the-top action on steroids and GARnes, and i liked everything about it. Typical as the Big Bad corporation and the overall plot (Reminds me a lot of Scryed) might be, it doesn't hurt for what the series sets out to accomplish - which is a lot of explosive action and crazy facial expressions (which were well appreciated). I might not be a big fan of Guren-like animation, but i have to say it works for the style of presentation and general feel of the series. The comedy i found pretty good as well, and with the overall "fun" feel of the series, this seems like a keeper to me - very enjoyable and entertaining, i am hopinh it stays on the same level.