View Single Post
Old 2009-06-05, 14:06   Link #1654
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Regardless of that if poison is involved there are several ways it could be used. Lunch, dinner, tea, and so on. You can't even rule out the possibility that it's gas. Actually an hallucinogen gas would explain a lot of things, including the golden butterflies.
If it is a gas, it must exist in some form or fashion and have a delivery mechanism. So somebody would have to be wandering around with a tank of gas and a nozzle to spray it or something, as well as have some way to avoid being taken in by the hallucinogenic gas.

Granted, if all it took was a quick puff, perhaps it would be concealable (and anyone you spritzed could be killed while delusional), but I'm still dubious. I always just assumed the butterflies were a metaphor, either for being "close to the killer" (no idea if it's for ANY given killer or only a particular one) in a given instance, or for seeing something you weren't supposed to see (Shannon sees butterflies while on midnight rounds, etc.). "The magic at work" as one of the killers operates, as it were.

EDIT: Working off the butterfly thing, imagine the butterflies represent the "ritual killer" and then imagine the ep1 First Twilight:

Spoiler for ep1 First Twilight:

Last edited by Renall; 2009-06-05 at 14:33.