View Single Post
Old 2009-06-05, 15:08   Link #1655
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

If it is just a metaphor then there's quite some lying around. golden butterflies have been spotted long time before the events of 1986. They are not only associated to crime scenes. they also appear in front of Shannon, Kanon and Rosa, before the 5 october. Also think about episode 2 when the servant are left alone, not everyone dies and the survivors mention the butterflies.

In other words it's either that they actually see the butterflies or they lie about them. But why would they lie about butterflies? Well okay to make everyone believe it is the work of the witch, but then who came up with the idea that golden butterflies announce the witch in the first place?

Of course you can dismiss the whole thing by saying, it's just the magic (fake) world, it doesn't actually happen, and I don't really have arguments to deny it, however (and this is my personal opinion) there's something odd about these butterflies. For once we haven't even been told what they are exactly. And it seems they almost invariably appear before the magic scenes start, in other word their appearance is what causes the real world to end and the magic world to start. I don't think they are actually golden butterflies, they just look that way but they are more like bright sparks in reality.

There is something pretty similar in Cowboy Bebop the movie.