View Single Post
Old 2011-08-20, 19:16   Link #1682
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
Once again, we'll allow Sheryl to die in Ep.25 and the Vajra will destroy Frontier, Earth, and Eden, and any other ships because Ranka doesn't cure her and Alto sobs before being killed, and all of Macross F in general falls apart. Kawamori loses all his endorsements for the show due to the horrible ending. You are so screwed up in the head to not remember a certain discussion about a Jesus!Ranka who SAVED Sheryl...

Your perspective of Ranka has always been this way. You refuse to see any light in her even when people give you positive sides they've seen of her.
- Her outfits are 100% better than Sheryl's because they make lasting impressions, especially her Seikan Hikou outfit, Houkago Overflow, and Sayonara no Tsubasa outfit (although her Niji-Iro Kuma Kuma one ain't bad either).
- Her smile brightens the whole room and makes almost everyone in the show blush when they see it.
- Her songs are heartwarming and full of happiness for 90% of them, unlike 90% of Sheryl's songs (which I found was another thing I disliked about her).
- She was caring towards those around her, like her brother, and she cared about Alto even when he seemed to want to distance himself from her (fear, much).
- Towards the end, she finally let loose all those bottled up emotions that had been building up since Ep.13.
- She faced the things she feared most (the Vajra and her past) and overcame them.
Ranka had a LOT of good qualities that you all fail to see. You just over-look them because they happened at bad times.

None of you have heard the expression "bad things happen to good people" or "be careful what you wish for" or my favorite "things have a way of popping up?" A lot of good moments in life have been followed by bad decisions or bad things; for example: you just have a child (a miracle of God) and your car breaks down so all your money has to go towards repairing it. Ironic moment for that to happen, ne?
Alto shoots through a heart in the sky, makes Ranka happy, and she goes to confess her love, sees Alto with Sheryl, and the Vajra just happen to have ATTACHED themselves to Frontier, and they appear to grant her wish to "die." That wasn't about her personality, that was a failure of Frontier's "security."

And honestly, Ranka is very much like those of SDF-1 who had believed that they could create peace with the Zentradi.
- Ranka = SDF-1
- Alto, Sheryl, & all of Frontier = Quamin (who just wanted to kill them all)
I was just making a cross-reference. It's not like we have a section where we can crossover Macross', you know.
I see someone is channeling the great Cthulhu, errr, BleachOD. Needs more emoticons. MORE EMOTICONS!

---

Alto was my second favorite on the show and just the right fit for Sheryl. A true hero, loyal and determined, with much more heart than was visible to most who watched the show. Someone who took duty and loyalty seriously.

I had some problems warming up to him in the beginning, as his temper was off-putting. As the show got deeper into his background and he visibly began to change his demeanor and to appreciate his friends much more than he seemed to do in the beginning, I became a big fan of the character. Probably the biggest one on these boards, as I've defended the character against various people a lot.