View Single Post
Old 2007-11-28, 15:00   Link #52
Toyosaki Aki
Originally Posted by Deus ex Digital Boy View Post
for the record, I dropped Sola 6 episodes in. I liked the emotions and stuff, the characters were all fine, but the writing just really got to me. Plotholes and cheesiness were too much to bear. If you can get past that, it's probably a pretty good show, but I just couldn't deal with it (and yet, I managed to watch all of Shana... but that started off really well anyway)

Frans, in all honestly, I've never seen Major, nor even heard of it (same goes for Zegapin) however, I can confidently discredit Gundam SEED. I've barely seen any of it, but what I saw was horrible. For good mech shows, watch Neon Genesis Evangelion, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and Diebuster for great justice.
All three series suffer from plot holes pretty much by being what they are- short OVA series. Agreed, Sola could have definitely been better written, but the characters (read: Matsuri) redeem the writing IMO.

As someone who has slogged through all ~100 episodes of SEED+Destiny, I can tell you that while SEED might be worth a try, Destiny is a complete waste of time. It essentially repeats the storyline with more annoying characters, even the old characters get more annoying (Kira especially).