View Single Post
Old 2009-11-08, 22:07   Link #212
hideki101
Bored out of his mind...

Ah, so that's where our definitions differ. My definition of impossible is restricted to things that can not happen. Take, for example, quantum tunneling. We know that it exists physically, there have been experiments done that show that a caged particle has a non-zero probability of appearing outside the corral, and it has happened. Scaled up, if I were to push against a wall, you, by your definition of impossible would say that it's impossible for me to spontaneously fall through the wall, whereas I would say that it is improbable that I would fall through the wall, but it's impossible for the wall to exert more force on me than I do on the wall (by Newton's third law). If some thing is physically possible, then by definition it is not impossible, regardless of how improbable it is.

More on topic, theoretically, Misaka could be using micro-scale eddy currents in each iron sand particle and controlling each particle of sand individually. I don't know, it's all theoretical. But the point is, she MUST use electricity to move the sand, due to the logic that:

1) Misaka's power is electrokinesis
2) it is generally accepted in-universe that there's only one power per person
3) she can move the iron sand

Therefore: she is using electricity to move the iron sand.
hideki101 is offline   Reply With Quote