View Single Post
Old 2004-04-17, 14:58   Link #39
uzumaki

Radd Beautiful post! beautiful! wonderful! ohhh how i weep, weeeeppp!

Although if this thread was indeed "what you like and everyone hates" (remeber, its only 'like' not 'love'), i would say that i like all those "kiddy" shows that everyone hates like DBZ (only till frieza), yugioh and naruto.

everyone seems to hate these shows because they think they're mindless, but i like them BECAUSE they're mindless...i think i have watched and thought and learnt so many philosophical and "intellectual" things that these mindless shows seem so nice and pleasant. Clean and light, and give you the feeling of eating something un-rich and light and fluffy after digesting rich creamy foods for years...

Someone just mentioned that they didnt like utena "because it was messed up" - well, i ask you what anime show ISN'T messed up? atleast utena did a good job of being "messed up" and interesting also.

Also, i see people who adore cowboy bebop, and i really like the noir-ish-jazzy mood of the show, bu i HATE the characters, esp spike. He's the epitome of the annoying, excessively laid back, careless, amoral pretty boy that teenage girl seem to love. But i hate his guts.

and all KGNE like soap opera shows are also puke worthy IMO. (Probably b/c the people in it are so pathetic and sessile.)