Thread: Licensed Cross game
View Single Post
Old 2010-01-08, 11:26   Link #2315
Ansalem
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
Yeah, but so is soccer in europe and football in the US. I'd guess the hype is comparable and having people transferred and putting huge fundings into building a team is quite unthinkable afaik. Just for the record - the hockey team of my former school went to the nationals and a few of them went to the olympics, too. No special money for them.
The obsession of Daimon just seems out of proportion for me, but maybe he just hasn't anything else to do~ Every series needs some evulz after all.
High school baseball in Japan is about as big as a high school sport as I can think of anywhere in the world. The closest I can come up with is high school football in Texas, and even that pales in comparison. It's not to say that every school and every person is obsessed, but plenty are and the plot is believable. I mean, what other high school sport gets regular national television coverage? You can also check out this documentary about Japanese high school baseball. It's about half the scenes from it, but mostly just cut out the practice and game scenes.