View Single Post
Old 2009-10-22, 14:12   Link #828
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Controversy View Post
And I would say he was looking to be sure everything was the way it was supposed to be, since Haruhi is the defining point of his world--literally, being the god of it. Or I could direct you to the scene shortly following, where he's anticipating Yuki's arrival, and then proceeds to blackmail a data-god for her sake.
Oh, I'm not saying he doesn't care about Yuki; that scene is his personal crowning moment of badass after all.

I'm just saying he really, really wanted Haruhi back. Not just his world, he wanted that too, obviously, but he really wanted Haruhi back.

Like I said, he almost enacted physical violence on Taniguchi. It takes a lot to drive Kyon into a state like that.

He missed her, deeply.

Quote:
This is what I'm saying, there are multiple angles to everything.
Yes, but I believe that, with Kyon, if you read between the lines, the simplest explanation you'll find is usually the correct one.

Quote:
All I'm trying to do is lay out some possibilities by playing devil's advocate and maybe bring more people to the joyful position of neutrality where they can appreciate all the various possibilities.
Personally, I can't enjoy a story if I do this. I have to be involved emotionally somehow.

Probably not a good thing in a series that relies strongly on pissing off its fanbase, but...