View Single Post
Old 2013-01-13, 14:04   Link #44
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random32 View Post
Every single Cantus usage incident with Squealer, Satoru was the one using the Cantus. This probably suggests to Squealer that he is a lot more powerful than Saki.
Actually, Satoru probably is more powerful than Saki, or at least better at using his power for these sort of things.
Spoiler for small thing that won't be mentioned in the anime anyway:
After all, Saki's main strength isn't her power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I'm pretty sure that I would end up killing myself if I lived in the world of Shin Sekai Yori, honestly - it's such a miserable, god awful place. Total nightmare of an existence.
Only if you know what's going on. If you're in the dark about the real nature of society it's a pretty idyllic life, at least until an akki, gouma or an overly ambitious bakenezumi happens to pop up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
And I'm not sure why Saki and Satoru were so disgusted by the Queerats doing that to their Queen... she wasn't much more than a mindless, utterly crazy animal that indiscriminately killed anyone who tried speaking to her. Killing her in what basically amounts to self-defense doesn't seem too loathsome to me.
They didn't kill her, though, they made her into a helpless, mindless baby machine, I think that's pretty horrible (and there's more to the story anyway).