View Single Post
Old 2012-01-15, 14:48   Link #54
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Appearances can be deceiving, i think you know that saying. Not every person with a specific look has a fixed personality.
Like in anime, not every twin tailed person is a Tsundere, not every old man has to be either a pervert or some kind of martial arts master or not every childhood friend has to be a bishoujo. You are linking personality and looks too much together. Like i have said before, you looking at things at a way too shallow perspective.

I have no idea in what culture you live that women who are smaller than yourself more attractive than the one who are taller than yourself, but i find a small height not one of an issue when it comes to beauty. In fact most people find taller women more attractive. Also i find it insulting to all the men in the world who have girlfriends or wives that are taller than themselves.
Also finding a women in japan who are taller than Kyon (who probably has a height of around 170cm )is quite slim.
No matter how you look , you will still get pushed around if you still act docile. Haruhi is still the kind of person who still bully her if Mikuru won't stand up to her (which she won't due her personality)

I did say if the changes were not all too drastic, if Yuki's hair stands out too much compared to normal people i would call this change too drastic.

Eventhough I think pink hair won't stand out too much seeing that she already has an unsual purple hair colour and there is also a green haired Tsuruya.
edit: almost forgot about the blue haired Asakura or the also green haired Kimidori. Those are also not a common colours.

Also about your statement about bald Itsuki being less of an bishi, are you implying that bald people are less attractive?

Batman being taller than robin is a comic fact and if you want to make a movie targetted for the whole world, then you have to keep your actors atleast somewhat faithfull to it's original source or the movie might get some problems with the original creators or the fans.

I doubt you have a broad knowledge about movies, seeing that you probably have never heard of those lower budget foreign moves. Like the "Turkish batman", "Indian Superman", "Turkish Spiderman" or the "Japanese Spiderman" . Eventhough these are not hollywood productions, it still won't change the fact that people who are not caucasian can be casted in American comic book adaptions.
You sound like you are making things personal and attacking me instead of the argument. For one, I can gladly boast that I have watched thousands of films, mostly being an international selection of animation as I'm an animator. But I've also watched Enthiran, seen trailers of King Khan's super hero movie, as well as videos of the tokusatsu Spider-Man.

I'm not going to argue with you much, nor do I have the time to do so, which is why I've been keeping my posts as general as I can.

The fact that you think completely different from what I do about the characters proves my point that appearance is a very significant factor.

Viewpoints
Uta Hagen's Nine Questions
12 principles of animation

I'm an animator, we have to learn acting in order to create realistic characters, we need to know how the physical architecture of a character affects the spatial relationship between him and other characters and objects. We need to know what kind of gesture a character of certain physique and personality has. What kind of topology in his walk, whats the differences in the stride of a man, a woman, tall, short, fat, skinny, or when he's angry, sad, happy?

How would a happy fat man walk down a rocky path while carrying a crate of beer and listening to his ipod look like? What's the tempo of his walk? What's the shape he creates and how would he affect other people when he is walking pass them, what kind of kinesthetic response would he have if he bumps into someone else? Replace the character with others and they will all act differently, no 2 people in the world will have the same behaviour, I haven't even touched on the character's personality. Just a character's appearance and physique can determine how he will act and how others will respond to him.

I can go on elaborating more, in fact it will take several months of classes of talking, but I simply have no time nowadays. You can think I'm shallow or anything, but I'd rather put more of my effort into my work.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote